We celebrated National Catholic Sisters Week with a luncheon at St. Casimir Center in Chicago,
on March 4, the Feast of St. Casimir. Thanks to Audra of Bravo Bites for providing the great food we shared. Thanks to the SSC employees, volunteers and Catholic Charities employees and friends for helping celebrate our awesome Sisters.
Fifty-two weeks a year women religious stand with the poor and immigrants, teach children, fight injustice, heal the sick, share spirituality, empower women, defend the planet, promote peace, create community, offer hope …
But for one week, March 8-14, we shine the spotlight on women religious and encourage a wide range of campaigns and events that invite all who follow Jesus to
- expand and support their gospel witness
- grow the service networks they have seeded
- share their spirituality, charisms, and community
- encourage young women to consider a vocation to religious life
- support their pastoral, teaching and prophetic works
- and focus on the new world they call into being.